This Privacy Notice is designed to inform you about the personal data relating to you which COMPACT: FROM RESEARCH TO POLICY THROUGH RAISING AWARENESS OF THE STATE OF THE ART ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONVERGENCE — COMPACT, a project consortium composed of 15 partners (see below) (acting as joint data controller), collects via the website www.compact-media.eu , why we collect and process such personal data, on which legal basis, and how we will handle personal data.
The members of the consortium are:
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND GALWAY (NUI Galway), established in UNIVERSITY ROAD, GALWAY, Ireland, VAT number: IE0022578J.
- SKOLA KOMUNIKACIE A MEDII NO (SCM), established in HANDLOVSKA 45, BRATISLAVA 851 01, Slovakia, VAT number: SK2022539783.
- DATA POSLOVNE STORITVE D O O (DATA D O O), established in DUNAJSKA CESTA 136, LJUBLJANA 1000, Slovenia, VAT number: SI36402915.
- PAN EUROPEAN ICT & EBUSINESS NETWORK FOR SME ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONALSANS BUT LUCRATIF (PIN SME), established in RUE JACQUES DE LALAING 4, BRUXELLES 1040, Belgium, VAT number: BE0899786252.
- SDRUZENIE BULGARSKA ASOCIACIA NA SOFTUERNITE KOMPANII BASCOM (BASCOM), established in JK MLADOST 4 BIZNES PARK SOFIA BL11 VH B ET 1, SOFIA 1766, Bulgaria, VAT number: BG130886020.
- INSTITUT JOZEF STEFAN (JSI), established in Jamova 39, LJUBLJANA 1000, Slovenia, VAT number: SI55560822.
- ONTOTEXT AD (ONTOTEXT AD), established in TSARIGRADSKO SHOSE 135, SOFIA 1784, Bulgaria, VAT number: BG200356710.
- NON-GOVERMMENTAL ORGANIZATION AGENCY OF EUROPEAN INNOVATIONS (AEI), established in PETRA PANCHA 11/3, LVIV 79020, Ukraine.
- FONDATSIYA MEDIA 21 (M21F), established in DRAGALEVTSI SIMENOVO 19 4 VITOSHA, SOFIA 1434, Bulgaria.
- UNIVERSIDADE CATOLICA PORTUGUESA (UCP), established in PALMA DE CIMA, LISBOA 1649 023, Portugal, VAT number: PT501082522.
- PARTNERSTVO ZA DRUSTVENI RAZVOJ UDRUGE (PSD), established in LOMNICKA 1, ZAGREB 10000, Croatia.
- IT-FORUM (it-forum), established in Aabogade 15, Aarhus N 8200, Denmark, VAT number: DK26619793.
- LATVIJAS UNIVERSITATE (LU), established in RAINIS BOULEVARD 19, RIGA 1586, Latvia, VAT number: LV90000076669.
- Elliniko Idryma Evropaikis kai Exoterikis Politikis (HELLENIC FOUNDATION FOR EUROPEAN AND FOREIGN POLICY) (ELIEEP/ELIAMEP), established in VASILISSIS SOFIAS AVENUE 49, ATHENS 106 76, Greece, VAT number: EL090106859.
- MEDIAFRAME LTD (Mediaframe Ltd), established in 9 BADGERS HOLLOW PEPERHAROW ROAD, GODALMING GU7 2PX, United Kingdom.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We collect personal data relating to you by you ordering our newsletter: through registration and sending of information that you enter on the Website, when you sign – up for our newsletter. We collect your name, last name and e-mail adress.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent.
You have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of such processing before the withdrawal of consent.
If at any time you decide not to receive newsletter anymore, you may, free of charge and without having to provide any justification, send us an email at email@example.com and mention “opt-out” in the subject of your email. Alternatively, you may use the optout procedure provided in any message you receive from us.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data will be used to the extent necessary to allow us sending you newsletters.
We will not use your Personal Data for new purposes which are as yet unforeseen in this Privacy Notice except on the basis of an applicable permission. In case of consent-based activities, we will not process your Personal Data for such new purposes without first obtaining your consent.
SPECIAL CATEGORY OF PERSONAL DATA
We will not collect or process any special category of personal data relating to you. The special categories are racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, health, sex life or sexual orientation.
SHARING PERSONAL DATA AND TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES
We will not make your Personal Data available to any third party and shall not publicly disclose the Personal Data unless such transfers are based on your specific consent, or when such transfer of Personal Data is otherwise authorised or compulsory by law or by order of an administration or judicial authority.
We will retain your Personal Data only until your consent.
You may exercise your right to request access to or rectification of and, as the case may be, erasure of any Personal Data relating to you. You may also object to processing, or request a restriction of processing and benefit of a right to data portability (as the case may be), in compliance with applicable data protection law, by sending a signed request form with a copy of your ID card, passport or other proof of identity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applicable, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent made prior to such withdrawal.
As a data subject, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in particular in the Member State of the European Union) if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes the applicable legislation relating to data protection.
Effective date and changes
This Privacy Notice is in effect since April 2018.